The AFOS Foundation for Entrepreneurial Development Cooperation is an independent and non-profit foundation that is affiliated with the Association of Catholic Entrepreneurs (BKU) and was founded in 2003 from among its members. Based on Catholic Social Teaching and oriented towards the guiding principle of the social market economy, we promote entrepreneurial independence as a central element of sustainable development in developing and emerging countries.
The projects of the AFOS Foundation are funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
The project focuses on capacity building in training institutions so that they are better able to provide targeted training to smallholder family groups (including in environmentally friendly cultivation of export-oriented agricultural products, as well as in certification standards, among others) and to support them in finding promising marketing options. The project aims to promote knowledge transfer based on cooperation and empowerment, benefiting women in particular.
– Coordination and management of the project in coordination with the AFOS Foundation team and in cooperation with local and German partners.
– Establishment of the (additionally) necessary project infrastructure in Zimbabwe and technical management of the project team on site.
– Establishment and updating of an operation plan in cooperation with the foreign partner.
– Implementation of project measures, in particular preparation of content and organization of consulting missions as well as supervision of short-term experts.
– Constant dialog and coordination with both project partners to coordinate all project measures.
– Ongoing monitoring of project success and development of any necessary change proposals/applications, top-up applications.
– Monitoring of the project measures according to the requirements of the project application and BMZ approval.
– Support and participate in the development of the M&E system.
– Participate in detailed project planning at the beginning of the project together with the other stakeholders.
– Participation in committees in Zimbabwe.
– Communication, coordination, also reporting to the technical management of AFOS in Cologne.
– Preparation and organization of education and training measures for the foreign partner
– Processing of material procurements
– Reporting and accounting to the German project executing agency, taking into account BMZ formats, deadlines, and guidelines
– Ongoing monitoring of the project’s success and any necessary suggestions for change
– Coordination with other projects of international development cooperation, especially the German Embassy and ministries in the host country.
– Web presence of the project
– University or technical college degree and several years of experience in Africa.
– Several years of experience as project manager of BMZ-funded projects abroad.
– Several years of experience in projects with similar content.
– Several years of experience in administration and personnel management.
– Relevant professional experience in working with/in chambers and/or associations, education providers, companies, including the field of policy- stakeholder dialogue.
– Strong collaboration, teamwork and intercultural skills.
– Tolerance of ambiguity and solution-oriented flexibility.
– Methodological-didactic and conceptual knowledge in dualized education.
– Experience in management and organizational development.
– Very good knowledge of the German, and English language in word and writing, sound MS-Office knowledge.